The celebration that Stops a Nation Melbourne Cup 1st November 2011
Australia is famous for its beaches - here are some of the more famous Australian beaches.
- Bondi Beach - Sydney, New South Wales
- Surfers Paradise Beach - Gold Coast, Queensland
- Cable Beach - Broome, Western Australia
- Bells Beach - Victoria's famous surf beach
Much of the appeal of Australia comes from its diverse natural landscape. There are so many natural landmarks, these are only a handful.
- Great Barrier Reef - Queensland
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Northern Territory
- Sydney Harbour - New South Wales
- Great Ocean Road - Victoria
- Cape Tribulation - Queensland
- Kakadu - Northern Territory
- The Kimberleys - Western Australia
- Blue Mountains - Sydney, New South Wales
- Nullabor Plain - South Australia and Western Australia
Here are some of the great man made icons of Australia.
- Sydney Opera House - New South Wales
- Sydney Harbour Bridge - New South Wales
- Gold Coast Theme Parks: Dreamworld, MovieWorld, Sea World, Wet n Wild and Whitewater World - Queensland
- Sydney Olympic Park, built for the 2000 Olympics - New South Wales
- Federation Square - Victoria
You know you've really seen Australia when you can tick off each of these native Australian animals: koala, kangaroo, wallaby, emu, cassowary, platypus, echidna, womat, Tasmanian Devil, Kookaburra. You can see them in sanctuaries, but seeing them in the wild is even more exciting.
- Alice Springs Desert Park - Northern Territory
- The Australian Reptile Park - Sydney, New South Wales
- Australia Zoo, Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter - Queensland
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - Gold Coast, Queensland
- The Koala Hospital - Port Macquarie, New South Wales
- Marapana Wildlife World, Western Australia
- Healesville Sanctuary - Victoria
- Southern Right Whales in the Southern Ocean
- Quokkas - Rottnest Island, Western Australia
- Dolphins - Monkey Mia, Westsern Australia and Tangalooma, Queensland
- Stingrays - Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
Tour the wineries and taste the wines where they are made.
- Barossa Valley - South Australia
- Hunter Valley - New South Wales
- Margaret River - Western Australia
- Yarra Valley - Victoria